1. Given that I live in frequently cloudy Michigan, the sunshine today was a thrill. The grass is trying to green up in response, and the prisms on my porch cast all sizes of dancing rainbows on my walls and floor. I think Pollyanna had something right.
2. I got to leave my snow boots and leather jacket at home in the closet. (Note to self: Treat that jacket to a fresh waterproofing.)
3. The opportunity to intercede in prayer for a friend who is seeking employment and publication.
4. Terrific news: The fall Toastmaster conference is happening in my home town in November. Having tasted the delights of a conference with writing friends, I've developed an eye and ear for mentions of conferences. Of course, I'm keeping track of every penny, so many things are on a future fun list. Actually, that's a good thing, because hope is as crucial as thankfulness.
5. A carry-over from yesterday: I visited my father. He's growing weary in body and needs the care he gets in a nursing home across town, but some of the things I spoke to him about that afternoon, made him smile.
6. The many good friends who choose to include me on spur-of-the-moment opportunities.
7. The chance to stretch my capabilities, even now.